I think that the morning is one of the most beautiful and enjoyable times of the day.
Yes, I am indeed a morning person that loves to rise early (which doesn't always happen) and enjoy a cup of coffee and alone time with the Lord.
There is nothing like waking up and knowing it is a new day, full of new possibilities. Cheesy? maybe. True? totally. Think about it...a fresh start, no mistakes hanging overhead, a new day to make new memories....its a new day that you will never relive again.
Stop to think about that. Enjoy the day. Enjoy today.
I wanted to encourage you all with some thoughts about the morning that I find extremely comforting and encouraging.
- "Oh Lord, in the morning you hear my voice; in the morning I prepare a sacrifice for you and watch." Psalm 5:3
- It is not that the Lord doesn't hear us other times during the day, but David cries out to the Lord in the morning for his prayer to be heard. It just speaks to the fact that there is great value in starting our days with our Savior and acknowledging his authority and power in our lives from the moment we arise.
- "The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases. his mercies never come to an end; they are NEW EVERY MORNING; great is your faithfulness." Lamentations 3:22-23
- Christ's mercies and grace is new every single morning. Wow. Praise the Lord for this truth. I love that the Lord's grace never ends- Romans 5:20 "where sin abounds, grace abounds all the more"
- "She rises while it is still night and provides food for her household and portions for her maidens." Proverbs 31:15
- I am studying Proverbs 31 a lot right now as Ben and I are approaching marriage and this is such a clear picture of what a wife of the Lord looks like. Ladies, we are called Biblically to be early risers and not lovers of sleep (Proverbs 20:13). So cry out to the Lord for a heart that cherishes the mornings.
These are just a few of my favorite passages on mornings. Why they are beautiful, why they should be treasured, and why we should stop to enjoy them.
Don't rush through life without stopping to enjoy the simple things.