So Ben's birthday was last week, he turned 24! It was a great day full of celebrating him, and because we are newlyweds and not just rolling in mounds of cash I made several of his birthday presents myself. :) This is an idea I saw on Pinterest, so I am not claiming it as my idea by any means...but I did want to share the idea with you, along with the "Date Nights" I chose to include. This is so easy to do and so much fun to have all these fun dates to try and plan for throughout the year.
***So thankful for all the Pinterest love. Hope you love these ideas, please be creative and think of dates that fit you and your special someone. Please look around my blog and enjoy yourself. I love to get feedback from my readers, drop me a line anytime!***
So I just got a mason jar and spray painted it a metal gray color...you can do whatever you want to here...mason jar, tin can, glass jar of any kind would work.
I used Popsicle sticks to write the dates on, again, this is up to you on what you want to do. It just seemed to work well for me to use these.
Then you just stick the sticks inside the jar and you have a customized date night jar for you are your main squeeze. HOW FUN?! I know...
So all the dates that I included... (Don't just copy, really try to think and make a list based on your personality and plan for things you and your man would really enjoy)
- Watch the sunset.
- Have a music night (Ben plays several instruments and I love to sing so we go to a nearby chapel and jam out together or enjoy some music together at home)
- City Tour of Homes (A nearby city does this every year and allows people to tour these amazing antebellum homes....we cannot wait to go this year)
- Progressive Dinner (appetizer at one restaurant, entree somewhere else, and dessert somewhere else!)
- Build and fly a kite!
- Shoot guns together. (I know this is a southern thing, but Ben loves to shoot skeet and play with his guns, always remember gun safety)
- Day long road trip (ours is to somewhere no further than 2 hours away)
- Hammocking (we both have eno hammocks and love to take them outside and relax under the trees together)
- Monopoly Night.
- Trip to a local orchard or farm to pick fruits and veggies.
- Bake together.
- Technology FREE night (no computer, phone, TV, ipad...nothing, just enjoying each other)
- Movie Marathon!
- Krispy Kreme Trip (for us Krispy Kreme is 30 minutes away so it is a treat to get to enjoy that sugary goodness)
- Youtube Dance Lessons (Line Dancing, Swing Dances, Ballroom Dancing?)
- Coffee Shop Date (maybe you will be lucky and can enjoy some local live music while you are there too)
- Play tennis together.
- Volunteer together.
- Go pick blueberries. (or anything for that matter)
- Go to the pet store, or the humane society.
- Go geocaching (get out of your box and try something adventurous)
- Slack line (this is something Ben is really good at, so he is going to teach me sometime how to do it)
- Wander through a bookstore.
- Get coffee + go on a walk.
- Pick pecans, make pecan brittle.
- Dinner and a movie (classic)
- Watch a documentary together.
- Fondue Night.
- Chocolate/Wine Tasting. (Whichever you prefer).
- Portable Drive-In. (take a laptop, and a movie and drive somewhere in town and watch a movie, or do this is your backyard)
- Dinner at the County Lake (this is a lake in town and you don't have to pay any thing to just go out there and cook on their grounds)
- Wash your cars together.
- Bowling Night!
- Camping, classic couple retreat for an evening or a weekend...and Ben adores camping.
- Night car ride. windows down...that is a must.
- Camping in the living room (build a fort, set up a tent, light your fire in your fireplace, enjoy an evening on the floor with your love)
- Put together a puzzle.
- Game Night (with friends of course)
- Find all the Historic Landmarks in your city.
- Spend an evening making bucket lists and setting goals for your family.
- Build a fire and make s'mores.
- Enjoy a romantic bubble bath.
- Bingo night (this happens every week at a local coffee bar that we love)
- Watch the sunrise + breakfast date.
- Dollar Tree date + Ice Cream (you go in dollar tree and each have 5$, you can take like 15-20 minutes and compete to find a gift for each other and whoever's gift is the most _____ wins...the most outrageous, thoughtful, unique, tacky, useful...)
- At- Home spa night!
- Go Hiking.
- Pottery night.
- Homemade, candle light dinner.
- Grill out night.
So here ya go. I hope this inspires you to create you own list of dates for you and your man to enjoy. Remember, think outside of the box, try new things, and be adventurous...life is more fun that way.
Happy Sunday Folks, praying you all will worship the Lord today with a joyful noise. Have a great week!!