For some reason I have been in a blogging funk these past couple weeks. Every time I get on the computer to write a post I get serious writers block and just get up and walk away...but not today. I am going to stick it out! Ben and I enjoyed an awesome weekend in Starkville working around the house and spending time with friends...we finished our shower --Ben surprised me while I was out of town by tiling our nasty old plastic shower! He took out the plastic lining and did all the tile work himself....he rocks. (pics below), did some working on stabilizing our headboard, and had a date night as well as a game night with friends. It was a great ending to a busy week. We are looking forward to Labor Day Weekend to get some more house projects done and watch some MSU football #Hailstate! :)
I finally got to use my precious stainless steel biscuit cutters to cut these yummy homemade biscuits!!
I worked on styling our living room mantle and I am happy with how it turned out for now!
CINNAMON ROLL CAKE
- 3 cups flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 ½ cups milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) real butter, melted
- 1 cup (2 sticks) real butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans, (optional) (always measure the nuts first then chop them)
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 5 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In an electric or stand mixer mix the flour, salt, sugar, baking powder, milk, eggs and vanilla. Once combined well, slowly stir in the 1/2 cup melted butter. Pour batter into a greased 9 x 13 inch baking pan.
- In a large bowl, mix the 2 sticks of softened butter, brown sugar, flour, cinnamon and pecans until well combined. Drop evenly over cake batter by the tablespoonfuls and use a knife to marble/swirl through the cake.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick comes out nearly clean from center. You want to make sure it's done. I like most things underdone but cake is not one of them.
- Place powdered sugar, milk and vanilla in a large bowl. Whisk until smooth. Drizzle over warm cake. Serve warm or at room temperature.
This cake is all kinds of delicious...it really only is yummy a day or two after it is made so you have to eat it quick!! Enjoy! :)