I am so excited! I was recently nominated for the Liebster Award by the sweet Megan of Arroway!! How fun! The Liebster Award is an award given to blogger by other bloggers in order to get to know you better and allow you to get to connect with other bloggers outside of your circle! So I am really pumped to be nominated by Megan and even more happy to get to nominate some other lovely ladies.
1. Why did you start blogging? Well, I have blogged off and on since high school. However, I was never consistent until I got engaged. This little blog became my outlet during wedding planning, and a way for folks back in my hometown to stay up to date on all that I was doing here in Mississippi. I have continued blogging because I am certain the Internet can be used for good. I know that this little space of the cyber world can be a platform for me to share Biblical truth. I can use this blog as a way to encourage women of all ages. It can be a documentation of our marriage in the successes and failures, as well as a neat community of women who share common interests with me.
2. Where do you see your blog in a year? I would love to grow my readership significantly in a year. This may sound selfish, but I have big dreams for this blog. I want to be able to use this as a platform to help others. Whether that means using my blog to raise funds for adoptions that my friends are pursuing, or encouraging newlyweds, and young women in their faith, I want to see my blog as a breath of fresh air to every person that stops to read my thoughts. I hope that this space becomes an encouragement, inspiration, and motivation for my readers.
3. What does your average day look like? I always start my day with coffee, and then I get Ben's breakfast ready and lunch packed for work as he gets ready to leave. Then once he is off I will read for a little while, watch The Today's Show, and get house chores done. I meet with 2-3 college girls usually on the average day and we hang out and talk about the Word and I teach them different things I have learned spiritually. I then run errands, sometimes go over to the homes of different older (late twenties, early thirties, so not really"old") moms in our church and help them with chores or home school with their littles, and then I come home, cook dinner, and spend time with my husband when he gets home. Some days I have more appointments with college ladies and other days I have staff meetings or International classes with the students who are studying at MSU from other countries...but that is basically what it looks like...I feel like I am rambling haha.
4. How do you stay creative? I go outside a lot to clear my head and get inspired. I feel like the Lord's Creation is always a trigger to get my inspirational juices flowing. Also, I love brainstorming projects with Ben. He is very gifted in coming up with great ideas for projects and always encourages me to step away from outlets like Pinterest and think for myself. He keeps me thinking creatively.
5. What is one skill or hobby you would love to learn? I would LOVE to learn how to do calligraphy. It is on my 101 in 1001 list, and I am just so in love with all calligraphy I have seen. Especially the more modern types...So maybe one day! :)
6. What quality do you find most attractive in others? Intentionality. I think we are all by nature selfish people, so when I meet someone who is genuinely intentional I notice that. I appreciate someone who will ask about me and my life and really care about the answers. Someone who seeks me out and loves me well through investing deeply in my life is a gem. Love like that is such selfless love that cannot be but admired.
7. If you could liver anywhere in the U.S., where would it be? I love the south...I was born and raised here so I cannot imagine living anywhere else. (and Ben and I are not huge city fans, we like slow living) So I would love to live in a place like Birmingham, AL...it is close to both of our families, a "big" city with a small town feel and so much to do outdoors.
8. What piece of advice would you like to share? This is tough...I am not sure who I am giving advice to so here is a little nugget, take it or leave it. Sanctification cannot be separated from pain. We are going to go through hard things in life, but this is all part of the Lord shaping us into individuals that reflect his love and truth more purely. He will always be sanctifying us, so look at pain as simply part of the recipe to becoming more like Christ. (Psalm 119:71)<<--this verse is my fav. about this!
9. Where do you feel like you slack in, in your blog? I think often times I get to consumed with it all. I need to remember to step away sometimes and live in the here and now of Starkville, MS and not constantly think about new content or my next post. Working on that... :)
10. What are you really really good at? ah...this requires me bragging. Well, I am really good at singing, and crochet. I cannot play a single instrument (my husband can play 3 by ear beautifully so he makes up for my lack) but I can sing and do believe I am fairly good at that. I am great at crochet, mainly because I have spent hours upon hours teaching myself how to learn more and get better. It has become one of my favorite hobbies! Such a rewarding craft and it makes me feel like I am reaching into the past by learning to do something my grandmother and great grandmother did. Does my old soul a lot of good.
11.What is your favorite family tradition? I guess growing up my favorite traditions were always centered around holidays like getting to eat anything I wanted for breakfast on my birthday, or getting new pjs for Christmas. I think however now that I am married my favorite tradition that Ben and I have started would be a journal we trade back and forth. We started in before we were engaged and we wrote letters and prayer to each other inside and then would sneak it back and forth to each other. We haven't kept up with it as much now that we are married but it has the sweetest memories documented inside it's pages...We plan to do something similar with our children one day.
I choose to nominate:
Here are my questions for you lovely ladies! (Just answer them, link back to me and tag 6 blogs that have 200 or fewer followers with questions for them!)
1. What led you to the blogsphere?
2. What are your dreams for your blog?
3. What is one thing you are learning right now?
4. What is one thing you hope to accomplish this year?
5. What is your favorite accessory?
6. What are your favorite kinds of posts to write?
7. What inspires you?
8. What is your all time favorite book?
9. Coffee or Tea?
10. What is your favorite hobby? Why?
11. What is one thing you have learned from blogging?
So excited to get to read your responses and get to know each of you lovely women even better! :)