I feel like Autumn just ushers in the season of comfort foods. Now is the time for stews that simmer all day long, cozy warm ciders, and pumpkin everything! I have loved pouring over some new cookbooks and researching how to cook seasonally for my little family.
This week Lauren of 34 Magnolia Street is joining me to share her favorites as a fellow foodie! I am so thrilled to have this sweet friend jumping in on the action today. Meet Lauren!!
As a newbie in the food-loving world, I'm so excited to be part of Rachel's Foodie Favorites feature! My name is Lauren and I blog over at 34 Magnolia Street, my place to discover more of who I am, what I love and where I want to go - and part of that is discovering my love for food! I need a good stock of recipes, so I'm trusting y'all to show me what's good! :) Growing up, I learned to bake like nobody's business, but I didn't learn much in the realm of cooking. Lately, though, I've found it to be one of my favorite parts of each day. I'm loving what the Lord is teaching me about hospitality and food, and so much of me wants to be a great cook! In the meantime, I'm learning to love where I'm at now and enjoy the journey on my way to greatness in the kitchen ;)
1. Chicken Taco Chili- This is one of my favorite go-to comfort meals as the weather gets chilly! I love a good soup, and you can't go wrong with this one. It's super easy because the crock pot does all the work for you! I like to cook rice when it's time to serve, then we serve it over the rice with a little cheese and sour cream and scoop it up in chips! Heavenly, I tell you.
2. Cookie Dough Buckeyes - These are my favorite treat! I like to make a bunch and keep them in the freezer, so whenever I get a craving for something sweet, I can pop one and be done. They are super easy and oh, so delicious!
3. Avocado Mango Corn Salsa- I'm also a sucker for great appetizer food - and this salsa is so delicious. To be honest, I may have had it for dinner a time or two, but it's one of my favorite snacks to bring over to a friend's house for game night!
1. Homemade Yogurt- I love eating yogurt with fruit and honey, add a handful of granola and I am on happy camper. So the idea of making yogurt on my own...glorious! Anyone else made yogurt? Suggestions and tips are so welcome and appreciated!
2. Butternut Squash Barley Risotto- I am thrilled that butternut squash is in season and on sale in the grocery store right now! It is sooo yummy when it is roasted. Also, barley is super healthy so this spin on a classic risotto sounds divine! Cannot wait to try it out.
3. Apple Cinnamon Tea Latte- Apples are also in season right now! Yippee, I am not lucky enough to have a orchard to go pick my own around here, but they are on sale at the store which makes apple everything a good choice these days. Cannot wait to try this yummy tea latte out one evening. I may even top it with a little cinnamon spice whipped cream!
Speaking of food...have you entered the cookbook giveaway going on?! I have teamed up with some awesome ladies to bring you my two latest favorite cookbooks! Tomorrow is the last day to enter so hurry huryy!