Happy Monday friends! Mondays are my "rest days", and I have grown to love them and look forward to them with great anticipation. I have mentioned this off and on lately here on the blog but our life has been crazy to a level neither Ben nor myself have experienced thus far in life. We are busy, worn down, stretched thin, and overwhelmed almost daily. These have been such hard emotions for me to navigate, and to be honest they have created so much guilt in my life. Whether that is blogger guilt for not being able to post and keep up with things like I once could when I had 30 more free hours a week, or guilt due to not being able to keep up with things at home like cleaning or maintaining our home.
However, I read something on Instagram yesterday that has affirmed a work the Lord has been doing in mine and Ben's heart this past week. It was a
by a sweet blog friend, Valerie of
. These were her words, "
I'm tired of the word overwhelmed. I am tired of using it as an excuse and a crutch. I'm tired of having poor time management, giving into distractions, saying yes when I should say no, being frivolous with my money and then throwing out, "I'm sorry, I'm just so overwhelmed." instead of facing the consequences..."
Valerie continued to speak about how she is committing to diligence and discipline to see this cycle ended.
Friends, this resonated so deeply within me. I teared up, and verbally said AMEN to this post! This has been my life. I have gotten new schedule, after new schedule (which is so exciting!) with my new job, and have used that as a crutch for too long. I deeply desire to find myself in a place of thriving yet again, and in a place that I can love and serve others well. So I am starting fresh this November. I am committing to working hard, and spending time with people even when I am tired and overwhelmed. I am committing to being diligent with this blog, and blog friends, as well as my Etsy shop. I am committing to rest in the Spirit, and not my flesh or negative attitude.
So here are some goals I am setting this month, for accountability's sake!
1. Set a schedule with my new work schedule to make time for blog design, house chores, blog work, and Etsy shop orders.
2. Create a new financial spreadsheet (or have Ben do it and help me learn to use it) for design, blog, and Etsy money flowing in and out.
3. Take pictures of mugs and tote bags once I receive them.
4. Have 2 social media free weekends.
5. Go home to Georgia and create a weekend bucketlist of Fall things to do while there.
6. Make 1 recipe from my foodie bucketlist.
7. Finish reading
The Best Yes.
8. Begin Christmas shopping and planning for handmade gifts.
9. Get Christmas card pictures taken.
10. Have people over for dinner once or twice every week!
What goals are you setting for this new month? How can I be praying for you this month?
Also!!! Big huge congrats to our Influence Conference winners Lindsey C and Chelsey J!!! We have sent you both emails and are so excited to meet you and hug you come next September!!
Ben and I went on a whirlwind trip Saturday to Little Rock, AR for a family wedding. We drove 5 hours for the wedding, and left after the reception and drove 2 and a half hours to Ben's parents home in MS...and then woke up yesterday morning and drove two more hours back home...whew, it was crazy. We had a blast though exploring downtown Little Rock, and hope to make a trip back sometime when we have more time to explore.
So here we are with another week, and a brand new month! So it is time for some goal setting. Oh goal setting, what a tricky little guy you are. Just being real here, somehow July goals were never set...oops. So here is a recap on the goals I set for June, and my August Goals!
-Cook 4 more recipes from Bread & Wine...eh this did not happen!
-Blog about my purpose for blogging...coming this week!
-Set new fitness goals with Ben, and meet June's goals...HA! that is all there is to say really.
10 go to Blog Post Ideas - love these ideas!
My First Fashion Post - love the honesty about self talk, and how it is okay to be a "normal girl" as do a fashion post every now and then!
Foodie PenPal - seriously obsessed with this...so much so that I immediately signed up for this month, the foodie in me just couldn't resist!
Daily Communication - Thoughts on communication in marriage!
What you may have missed:
Bicycle, Books, and a Beautiful Dress
How to write a Mission Statement for your blog!
Also, bear with me this week as I start my new job. I will be only posting 3 days this week as I try to navigate and create a new schedule. I promise I am not leaving you guys but just trying to adjust to some new exciting changes. Come back Wednesday for the 2nd Bread & Wine Project recipe link up. The question this month to discuss is "How do you make your table a safe place for those that come into your home?" Hope you can join me on Wednesday!
- Finish Seven and start The Pleasures of God -(Wah, wah....reading has been slipping through the cracks these days.)
Host a Noonday Trunk Show as a fundraiser for the Ragan Family Adoption (This was such a joy! And it is not too late to purchase an item from the Ragan Trunk Show, read how to purchase here!) Grab coffee with Lauren of Sincerely, Lo, when we go to Memphis for the weekend! (So much fun getting to meet Lauren and talking over coffee!!)
- Have a family from church over for dinner
Cook 4 recipes fromBread & Wine (I have made the esquites, dark chocolate toffee, risotto, basic vinaigrette, bacon wrapped dates, goat cheese biscuits, and greenwell salad! So I exceeded this goal!) CELEBRATE ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY!(It was fantastic!) Go to the beach for anniversary(We are at the beach now! :)) Get everything we need for Piper, and have house ready before anniversary beach trip (We will pick her up next week!) Attend the Farmer's Market, and take pictures. Finish blog design for Martha Kate's personal blog and business blog!Check out all my recent designs here!
- Finish a book...just one, and no restrictions on which one!
- Have a family from church over for dinner
- Finish all current design orders before Cox Family Beach Trip!
- Crate train Piper
- Cook 4 more recipes from Bread & Wine
- Take an Influence Network Class
- Blog about my purpose for blogging
- Google Hangout with some blog friends!
- Have a date night, or two with Ben
- Set new fitness goals with Ben, and meet June's goals (will be sharing more soon)
- Begin gratitude journal (also, a post coming soon about this)
Also, don't forget to fill out this survey to help Madison and I moving forward with our link up! We will be giving away a $20 Starbucks card to one lucky person who fills out the survey, so please fill it out even if it is just for a chance to get some free coffee! ;) We would love to get your feedback!
Also, I am in love with this gorgeous weather. The farmer's market starts back this Saturday. We went to a baseball game with our small group last night, and it is not supposed to rain anymore this week! Hallelujah! Can I just say that sunshine motivates me? I am serious, a sunny day makes me want to conquer the world. So with a full heart of motivation, let's talk about some goals!
Go to the beach for anniversary
#5. Put plants on on front porch (April 2014)
#8. Have 100 people follow my blog (April 1, 2014 on Bloglovin')
#14. Get a puppy (Piper Cox comes to our home June 2, 2014)
#18 Blog my story (March 2014, you can read this post here)
#25. Inspire someone else to do 101 in 1001 (Amy March 2014, Ruth Anne March 2014)
#26. Write a guest post (House to Home at- Lovely Does It, Stay at Home Date Nights at- The Ashcraft Bunch, Creating a Peaceful Home at- Our Yellow Door)
#27. Have a guest blogger (Khala of The Birdie Bowl on The perfect happy mail package)
#28. Do a giveaway (or 2) (Lavender and Linen Giveaway March 2014)
#29. Blog every day for a month (mid Feb.- mid March 2014)
#45. Start a blog linkup (Hosting a monthly "Coffee Date" starting March 2014)
#48. Buy someone a cup of coffee (Ginny tweet a coffee...bet you didn't know you could tweet coffee huh)
# 52. Learn to make cheesecake (Easter 2014)
# 62. Try different types of tea (Herbal Tea Sampler from UR Priceless Etsy shop, April 2014)
#63. Try to meet 6 Instagram or blog friends in real life (3/6 meeting the Holden girls @lydialovesmarcus @honeyholden @mrs_laurenmcmullen March 2014)
# 65. Bring plants and fresh flowers into our home (Flowers from my grandmothers and wild daffodils, March 2014)
# 72. Go to an Air Show (Columbus Air Show, March 2014)
# 83. Get a new computer (April 2014)
# 91. Support someone else in ministry financially (March/April 2014)
PSA: Did you know that tickets for Hope Spoken go on sale May 1st for the 2015 conference? I have never been but it is on my 101 in 1001 list to attend this conference. I am super excited about going...are you going to Hope Spoken?
BLOGLOVIN' // INSTAGRAM // TWITTER // PINTEREST // FACEBOOK
- Complete the 5 pallet wood side tables
- Complete the kitchen hutch
- Organize our pantry
- Clean out dresser and nightstand table
- Put plants on on front porch
- Read 20 new books
- Try and blog 20 new recipes
- Have 100 people follow my blog
- Go camping with friends
- Celebrate our 1 year anniversary!!
- 2 year!!!
- 3 year!!!
- Celebrate turning 24!
- Get a puppy
- Post a tour of all rooms in our house
- Blog a crochet tutorial
- Go to the Gospel Coalition Women's Conference
- Blog my story
- Surprise a friend with happy mail
- Send someone flowers
- Host a cookout for Ben's co-workers
- Have someone we don't really know over for dinner
- Finish my crochet blanket
- Send a letter to a family member
- Inspire someone else to do 101 in 1001
- Write a guest post
- Have a guest blogger
- Do a giveaway (or 2)
- Blog every day for a month
- Go completely without my phone or computer for a day
- Organize our office space
- Organize my craft supplies
- Finish calendar project in the master bedroom
- Go to visit friends in another state
- Go on vacation to the beach
- Go hiking in Birmingham
- Go to see a Broadway musical
- Go to a concert (or 2)
- Start a skin care routine
- Begin to run regularly again
- Complete the 52 date nights with Ben
- Learn to shoot a pistol
- Finish reading the Chronicles of Narnia together
- Finish the office desk
- Learn how to coupon
- Make book monograms for bedroom
- Go on an unplanned spontaneous trip
- Ben graduate with his PhD
- Have our pictures taken professionally
- Have our small group over to our house
- Have a couples game night
- Learn to make cheesecake
- Learn to decorate a cake
- Have a Noonday trunk show in our home
- Pay for a stranger's meal
- Volunteer in our community
- Learn to sew well
- Learn to knit
- Learn how to use my camera (take a photo workshop?)
- Get all the pioneer woman's cookbooks
- Get a stove top espresso maker
- Try different types of tea
- Try to meet 6 Instagram or blog friends in real life
- Master the pie crust
- Bring plants and fresh flowers into our home
- Start collecting something
- Wake up at 5:30 every morning for a week.
- Have my family over for dinner
- Have Ben's family over for dinner
- Mail care packages to my siblings
- Give 5 "just because" presents to my family
- Visit a museum
- Visit an art show
- Participate in a crafts festival
- Teach myself calligraphy
- Move to a new city
- Have a picnic
- Go to the mountains
- Send 50 handwritten notes
- Go to New Orleans for the weekend
- Order from a food truck
- Run in a color run
- Get a new computer
- Have someone of a different religion or culture into our home
- Try 10 new restaurants
- Try 5 new hairstyles
- Go without wearing sweatpants all day for a month
- Create a new tradition
- Read through the Bible chronologically
- Create my own recipe
- Support someone else in ministry financially
- Memorize The New City catechisms
- Display some type of Mississippi art in our home
- Invest in camping supplies (dutch oven, socks, boots, enamel mugs)
- Send Christmas cards
- Support a local artist
- Tackle a major sewing project
- Spend the day with my sister in laws
- Watch a documentary
- Learn how to make my Grammy's homemade pickles
- Learn how to make a caramel cake from scratch