If you have not been able to pick up on it lately by my posts, I
like, love, ADORE Autumn...It is one of my favorite seasons. I love the cool weather, pumpkins, sweaters, getting my crochet needles back out, cuddling with my hubs on our front porch while drinking coffee...I just love it all. Hay rides, corn mazes, Thanksgiving, football games...it all makes me so happy. So life lately has been filled with joy, because it is Fall, and I can do fall things for the first time as a wife...which makes it all even better.
So update via pictures (Left to Right, Top to Bottom)
1. I picked up an infinity scarf I started last year and began crocheting away on it this morning! Hoping to finish it by the end of the week...maybe!
2. Molten Chocolate Cakes...need I say more? Well I will...these little babies blew my mind. I made them as a special dessert for our stay at home date night Friday night and wow...They were so simple and easy to make but boy oh boy....they were DELICIOUS. These moist, rich, decadent mini cakes could put any restaurant dessert to the test. I will be sharing this recipe hopefully later this week.
3. #HAILSTATE. MSU may not have succeeded in securing a win over LSU, but a sunset at Davis Wade Stadium with Ben cheering on our bulldogs is always a joy. I am thankful for this place, without it I would not know the Lord in the deep way that I do, I would not be married to the love of my life, I definitely would not be living in the state of Mississippi and I would not be working in full time ministry. Mississippi State...I love you, fondest memories cling to thee...
4 & 6. Cotton Pickin' :) Why I love being from the south. We picked this cotton out at North Farm on Saturday and it is now placed around our house looking adorable in blue mason jars.
5. Flannel and boots for the first time this season. I was so excited to be able to pull these lovelies out and give them some attention after several months being stuffed in the back of my closet.
6. Sixty cent porcelain coffee mugs. SIXTY CENTS EACH. If you don't call that a steal you are crazy. I was so happy to score these mugs at Dirt Cheap last week. I plan on using them as Christmas gifts for friends complete with hot cocoa mix and other goodies!
7. My husband. He likes to lay on the our super comfy rug in the living room rather than the couch. He willingly watches Food Network with me pretty much daily. He builds me furniture. He is so handy. He is patient with me always, even when I make that super difficult for him. He loves Koolaid probably more than the average 5 year old. He pushes me to Jesus and displays the gospel in his selfless love and service to me. He always refills the sugar bowl because I either forget to or am too lazy. He loves my cooking, sitting on our porch, being outside, and climbing trees. So...he deserves lots of kisses. :)
8. Lastly, we were asked to lead worship for Four Corners (the campus ministry I am on staff with)...this was the first time we have ever done anything like this together. Practicing and leading worship was a blast. We loved being able to use our gifts to serve and direct students in worship.
How are you and your family celebrating the coming of a new season?
Happy Monday Folks!